Our policies are to ensure the safety and enjoyment of all of our attendees, guests, volunteers, and exhibitors while working in conjunction with federal, state, and local laws along with the policies of the Yakima Sundome and our host hotels.
Central City reserves the right to revoke the membership badge of anyone found in violation of these policies. Any violation which involves activities prohibited by law will result in notification of the proper authorities.
- Admission fees are non-refundable.
- Badges must be worn and visible at all times. Individuals without badges will not be allowed in convention space.
- Acceptance of a Central City Comic Con badge and admission to the convention constitutes an agreement to allow Central City Comic Con, its agents, or assignees to use your image and/or likeness for advertising or promotion by the Central City Comic Con by any media now known or hereafter devised.
- It is unlawful to duplicate Central City Comic Con admittance badges.
- Each badge admits one person to Central City.
- Badges are non-replaceable.
Service and assistance animals are permitted in all public areas and at all times. No other animals will be permitted in convention space.
The Yakima Sundome is governed by Washington law which prohibits the possession of firearms at the Yakima Sundome by any person other than a law enforcement officer. Personal possession of firearms is therefore prohibited, including concealed and non-concealed firearms and weapons.
All children age 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult (18+) at all times.
Food and Drink
Outside food and drink is prohibited on premises. Food and drink will be available for purchase on site.
Central City Comic Con, The Yakima Sundome and any of their affiliates are not liable for missing belongings.
Distribution of Flyers and other materials
There will be no distribution or flyers or other materials without prior approval of Central City Comic Con. Flyers and other materials left in convention space without approval will be discarded.
The following behaviors are NOT allowed at Central City Comic Con:
- Disruptive or unsafe behavior that disturbs attendees, volunteers, guests, or exhibitors
- Sleeping in convention space
- Physical or verbal harassment of volunteers, guests, exhibitors, or other attendees
- Destruction or defacement of the Sundome or hotel property
- Sexual misconduct such as indecent exposure, offensive touching, or sexual harassment
- Unwanted touching without permission of the individual such as groping, hugging, etc.
- Any activity prohibited by law
- Please behave respectfully in the hotel space and take care not disturb non-convention hotel guests. Convention attendees who are found disturbing other hotel guests on hotel property are subject to disciplinary action, including revocation of membership badge.
Amplified music is prohibited in convention space.
- The construction and display of signs by attendees is not allowed. This includes but is not limited to such signs as "Free Hugs," "Will Yuri for Yaoi," or "Glomps for Cash." Attendees carrying such signage will be warned and have the sign confiscated. Central City staff reserves the right to revoke the badges of attendees carrying such signs. Signs that are a necessary part of a costume may be permitted with the approval of convention staff. For questions regarding acceptable signs, please contact: email@example.com.
- The posting of signs is prohibited in all convention space.
- When taking pictures, please be conscious of traffic around you and do not block walkways for extended periods.
- Please be considerate and ask before taking pictures of other attendees, guests, or staff.
Costume Props and Weapons
Please refer to the Central City Comic Con Weapon's Policy for complete information about props and weapons.
- Above all, Central City is a family-friendly event. Please exercise modesty when wearing your costume. If Central City staff feels your costume is too revealing or offensive to other attendees, you may be asked to change. If you have questions about what is acceptable, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All cosplayers must have a clear line of sight while wearing their costumes.
- Shoes are required to be worn while in convention space. You may remove your shoes for photos if desired, but they must be replaced directly after the photo is taken.
- Roller Skates/Blades may not be worn inside the Sundome or hotels.
- Depictions of swastikas are not allowed and will be asked to be removed.
- If your costume has pieces that extend from it (wings, spikes, armor, etc.) or you are carrying a large prop, please be aware of your surroundings and of people around you. You may be asked to change your costume or remove your prop from convention space if it is found to be disruptive or dangerous.
- Please do not block doorways, walkways, or exits with your costume, props, or costume pieces.
Harassment and Discrimination
Central City Comic Con is firmly committed to providing a positive experience free of discrimination and bias. Each attendee is personally responsible for maintaining such a environment. Central City prohibits any actions, words, jokes, or comments based on an individual's race, sex, sexual preferences, ethnic background, age, religion, physical condition, or other legally protected characteristic. Any conduct or action, whether overt or subtle, which creates an offensive or hostile environment is prohibited and will be grounds for immediate disciplinary action.
Central City Comic Con prohibits any harassment between volunteers, attendees, or guests on the basis of sex. No person, male or female, should be subjected to unsolicited or unwelcome sexual overtones and conduct, either verbal or physical. Misconduct applies to both males and females, and includes harassment between individuals of both sexes and the same sex. Any person who believes he or she is a victim of sexual or discriminatory harassment is encouraged to let the harasser know that his or her behavior is unwelcome. In addition, those who believe they have been harassed should immediately report the matter to Convention Security, Police or Central City Staff.
Cosplay is not Consent
Central City supports the movement "Cosplay is not Consent"; to empower fan convention costume enthusiasts (aka "cosplayers") to SPEAK OUT against inappropriate social behavior of a sexual and/or stereotypical nature for themselves and fellow fans... Cosplay is NOT Consent!
The culture of Cosplay is one of fun, creativity, and mutual respect. Unfortunately, not every fan adheres to the "respect" part. Cosplay is NOT Consent and cosplayers who dress in (sometimes) revealing costumes should not accept inappropriate behavior from their peers. Speak out, speak up, and help keep cosplay comfortable and fun!
You should make every attempt to gain direct consent on all photographs of cosplay, including all private photographers. All photographers, commercial and private, should refrain from taking secret photos of cosplayers in compromising positions and should not take photos with the intent of commercialization without consent of the subject. Cosplayers love to have their photos taken, so just be polite and ask!